30% of neurology referrals are for headache and many of these cases are inappropriate for the secondary care setting. This section gives background information and documentation that NHS Commissioners can draw upon.
1. Five steps to successful Headache Service Commissioning.
2. Reports from PCTs who have set up Headache Services giving useful information, guidance and governance frameworks.
3. Support for setting up a GPwSI Service.
4. A paper from the Association of British Neurologists
Arguing that headache is well suited to the development of general practitioner with a special interest services.
5. A document that outlines potential headache pathways that can be modified in response to local circumstances.
6. Headache Services in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
7. Appraisal and accreditation frameworks for GPwSI in Headache
Developed by the British Association for the study of Headache GPwSI Group.